Southwest Airlines Interview Questions. The company commonly alluded to as Southwest, is one of the significant aircraft of the United States and the world’s biggest minimal expense transporter. It is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and has planned support of 121 objections in the United States and 10 extra nations.
|Headquarters:||Dallas, Texas, United State|
|Total Interviews Questions:||20+|
Average Salaries At Southwest Airlines
|Jobs Role||Salaries Per Month|
|Senior Software Engineer||$10,980|
|Senior System Engineer||$10,980|
Southwest Airlines Interview Questions and Answers
Tell us about yourself.
- Start by giving a brief overview of your professional background and then move into discussing your personal interests and hobbies.
- Be sure to keep your answer under two minutes.
- Highlight qualities that make you a good fit for the airline industry such as your ability to work well under pressure, your customer service skills, and your ability to stay calm in chaotic situations.
- Mention any travel experience you have and how it has helped you develop a better understanding of different cultures.
What can you tell us about Southwest Airlines?
- Founded in 1971 by Herb Kelleher
- Headquartered in Dallas, Texas
- Operates over 4,000 flights a day
- Has a fleet of over 700 Boeing 737 aircraft
- Known for its low fares and friendly customer service
- Has been profitable for 43 consecutive years
- Named one of FORTUNE magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 17 consecutive years
- Named one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 19 consecutive years
Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines?
- Outline your interest in the airline industry and how it has developed over time
- Explain why you admire Southwest Airlines in particular
- Highlight your customer service experience and how you would excel in a fast-paced environment
- Share your excitement about the opportunity to travel and meet new people
- Emphasize your commitment to teamwork and how you would contribute to the company’s success why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines?
Tell us about Southwest Airlines Competitors?
- Research the top airlines that fly the same routes as Southwest.
- Be familiar with the unique selling points of each airline.
- Be prepared to discuss how Southwest differentiates itself from its competitors.
- Be ready to talk about how Southwest plans to stay ahead of the competition.
What is your greatest strength?
My greatest strength is my ability to stay calm under pressure. I have a lot of experience working in customer service, so I know how to handle difficult situations. I’m also a good problem solver, so I can usually find a way.
- Emphasize qualities that are important for the airline industry, such as customer service skills, teamwork, and adaptability.
- Give specific examples of times when you have utilized these strengths in your previous work experiences.
- Be honest and confident in your answer.
What is your Biggest Weakness?
Things to Say
- Be honest and share a genuine weakness that you are actively working to improve.
- Be sure to emphasize that you are aware of this weakness and are taking steps to improve.
- Share an example of a situation where you have faced this weakness and how you coped or overcame it.
Do not say
- Don’t say you don’t have any weaknesses.
- You have not noticed any Weakness in yourself.
- Don’t say anything that is not related to this job.
- Don’t discuss any core required skills as your weakness.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
Keep Align your Future role from your current position if you are a Team member you can become a Team leader.
- In five years I see myself continuing to grow with the company. I would like to be in a management position and be able to contribute to the company in a meaningful way.
- I see myself continuing to learn and develop my skills so that I can be the best possible employee for the company.
- I also, see myself continuing to be a team player and working collaboratively with my colleagues to achieve our goals.
We have many years of reputation why should I hire you?
- Outline your experience in the customer service industry and how it has prepared you for the role of Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent
- Highlight your ability to stay calm under pressure and provide excellent customer service even in challenging situations
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- You should First, try to understand the customer’s issue and empathize with their frustration.
- Next, see if there is anything you can do to resolve the issue.
- If you are unable to resolve the issue, apologize and let the customer know you will do your best to find a solution.
- Finally, stay calm and professional throughout the interaction.
Other Airlines Interview Questions