If you’re looking for P.F. Chang’s interview questions, you’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, we’ll give you a complete guide on how to answer them.
Here you will learn about:
- The types of questions that P.F. Chang’s asks in an interview
- How to answer each type of question
- What the interviewer is looking for
By the end of this blog post, you’ll be fully prepared to ace your P.F. Chang’s interview!
|Total Interviews Questions:||20+|
P.F. Chang’s Interview Questions and Answers
Tell us about yourself?
- Start by giving a brief overview of your professional background.
- Then, provide a brief overview of your personal background.
- Next, discuss your motivation for wanting to work at P.F. Chang’s.
- Then, discuss your qualifications and why you believe you would be a good fit for the position.
- Finally, conclude by discussing your availability and flexibility.
What can you tell us about P.F. Chang’s?
P. F. Chang’s China Bistro is an American-based, Asian-themed, casual dining restaurant chain founded in 1993 by Paul Fleming and Philip Chiang. Centerbridge Partners owned and operated Chang’s until acquired by the private equity firm Triartisan Capital Advisors on March 2, 2019. P. F.
- P.F. Chang’s was founded in 1993 in Arizona, United States.
- Company Originally Called ”Paul Fleming and Philip Chiang”
- P.F. Chang’s have 100 locations in More than 25 Countries.
- Company Offers Coupons, Deals & Discount to attract the Customers.
- Long Life Noodles & Prawns, Salt & Pepper Calamari, Shrimp with lobster sauce, and Street Noodles are the Best Products of P.F. Chang’s.
- ”Asian Fusion” is the Slogan of P.F. Chang’s.
What can you tell us about P.F. Chang’s Competitors?
It will be very easy for you to understand that P.F. Chang’s is an American Restaurant Chain, Which is famous for its Long Life Noodles & Prawns fast foods. So remember their competitors will be the ones who are similar to them. The following is a list of P.F.Chang’s Competitors you can find more about them by searching on the internet.
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Red Robin
What are P.F. Chang’s Core Values or Mission Statement?
Each Restaurant has different Core values and based on that they are able to create an environment that makes their people Comfortable. The Core values of P.F. Chang’s are given below.
- Learn and Grow
Why do you want to work at P.F. Chang’s?
- Research the company and its values.
- Highlight how your personal values align with the companies.
- Share why you’re passionate about the company’s mission.
- Explain how working at P.F. Chang’s would help you grow professionally.
- Emphasize your customer service skills and your ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be prepared to share a specific example of a time when you provided excellent customer service.
What is your greatest strength?
- Your greatest strength is your ability to be adaptable and resourceful.
- You’re able to take on any challenge that comes your way and finds a way to overcome it.
- This makes you an asset to any team or organization.
What is your biggest weakness?
- Your biggest weakness is probably that you’re a perfectionist.
- You have high standards for yourself and your work, and you’re always striving to meet them.
- This can sometimes lead to you being overly critical of yourself, and it can be hard to let go of mistakes.
- Try to remember that everyone makes mistakes and that it’s okay to not be perfect all the time.
- Instead, focus on learning from your mistakes and moving on.
Why did you leave your last job?
- Be honest about your reasons for leaving.
- If you were fired, be tactful about how you discuss the situation.
- Focus on the positive aspects of your previous job.
- Explain what you learned from the experience.
- Emphasize your commitment to your current job.
- Be prepared to discuss your long-term career goals.
What experience do you have?
- Highlight any customer service experience you have, whether it’s in a restaurant or another industry
- If you don’t have any direct customer service experience, talk about any transferable skills you have, such as working well under pressure or being able to handle difficult situations
- Mention any relevant experience you have in the food industry, even if it’s not customer-facing
- If you don’t have any experience in the food industry, talk about your passion for food and cooking, and why you think you’d excel in a fast-paced environment
Why should we hire you?
- I have experience in the restaurant industry and understand what it takes to provide excellent customer service.
- I am a quick learner and am able to adapt to new situations easily.
- I have a positive attitude and am always willing to lend a helping hand.
- I am a team player and work well with others.
- I am reliable and punctual.
- I am passionate about food and have a strong interest in Asian cuisine.
Where do you See Yourself in the next five years?
- In the next five years, I see myself continuing to work hard and learn as much as possible in order to grow within the company.
- I would also like to take on more responsibility and contribute to the team in whatever way possible.
- In the next five years, I see myself as a valuable asset to the company and someone who is always looking for ways to improve and contribute.
- I also see myself continuing to develop my skills and knowledge in order to be the best possible employee I can be.
What hours are you available to work?
- Be honest about the hours you are available to work
- If you are flexible with your hours, mention that
- If you have any restrictions (e.g. school, other commitments), mention that
- Mention if you are available for overtime
- State what days of the week you are available to work
- Be prepared to discuss your availability in more detail if necessary
How would you define excellent customer service?
- Excellent customer service is when the customer feels like they are the only one that matters
- It’s about making the customer feel special
- It’s about going above and beyond what is expected
- It’s about making the customer feel comfortable
- It’s about making the customer feel like they are part of the family
- It’s about making sure the customer leaves happy
How would you deal with upset customers?
- Apologize to the customer and try to understand their issue
- Find a resolution to the problem that is fair to both the customer and the restaurant
- Take responsibility for the issue and assure the customer that it will be resolved
- Follow up with the customer after the issue is resolved to ensure they are satisfied
- Thank the customer for their feedback and patronage
- Use the situation as an opportunity to improve customer service
Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
- Be sure to give a specific example of a time when you went above and beyond for a customer
- Explain what you did and why you did it
- Highlight what made the customer happy and how it positively impacted the business
- Use positive language to describe the experience
- Keep your answer relatively brief
- Practice your answer ahead of time so you can deliver it confidently
How would you deal with a difficult colleague?
- First, try to understand the colleague’s perspective and where they are coming from
- Second, try to find common ground and areas of agreement
- Third, try to compromise and find a win-win solution
- Fourth, if all else fails, try to take the high road and be the bigger person
- Fifth, document any incidents for future reference
- Sixth, consult with a supervisor or HR if the situation is truly unmanageable
What questions to ask the interviewer?
- What inspired you to start P.F. Chang’s?
- What are your favorite menu items?
- How would you describe the atmosphere at P.F. Chang’s?
- What are your favorite aspects of the job?
- What are your goals for the future of P.F. Chang’s?
- What are your thoughts on the current state of the restaurant industry?
Average Salaries At P.F. Chang’s Restaurant
|Job Role||Salaries Per Month|
|General Manager, Restaurant||$5,283|
|Senior Sous Chef||$4,016|