If you’re looking for your next great career opportunity, you may want to consider applying to Qdoba. In this blog post,
we’ll give you an inside look at the On The Border interview process,
including 16 commonly asked questions and how to answer them. With this information, you’ll be better prepared to land the job you want at On The Border.
We hope you find this information helpful and wish you the best of luck in your job search!
|Company:||On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina Restaurant|
|Headquarter:||Irving, Texas, United States|
|Total interview questions:||Up-to 16 Question|
Average Salaries at On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina Restaurant
|Job Role||Salaries Per Month|
On the Border Interview Question and Answers
Tell us about yourself?
- Start by giving them a brief overview of who you are and your background.
- Then, focus on why you’re interested in the position and what makes you a good fit.
- Be sure to highlight your customer service skills and experience.
- Emphasize your ability to work well under pressure and handle fast-paced environments.
- Finally, wrap up by letting them know you’re excited to learn more
What can you tell us about On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina?
On The Border Mexican Grill and Cantina is a chain of Tex-Mex food relaxed feasting cafes situated in the United States and South Korea. The chain and brand name are claimed by Argonne Capital Group.
- On the Border, Mexican Grill & Cantina was founded in 1982 in the United States.
- Company Originally Called ”On the Border South Texas Cafe”
- On the Border Mexican Grill have 150 locations in the United States.
- The company Offers Coupons, Promo Codes & Deals for Customers.
- Tableside guacamole, Bowl of queso with ground beef, Mini street-style tacos, Fajita, Chips, and Salsa are the Best Products of On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina.
- ”Whatever a Guest needs, we’re on it” is the Slogan of On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina.
What can you tell us about On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina Competitors?
It will be very easy for you to understand that On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina is a Restaurant Chain, Which is famous for its fajitas fast foods. So remember their competitors will be the ones who are similar to them. The following is a list of On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina Competitors you can find more about them by searching on the internet.
- Brinker International
- Baja Fresh
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Rubio’s Restaurant
- Cafe Rio
What are On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina’s Core Values or Mission Statement?
Each Restaurant has different Core values and based on that they are able to create an environment that makes their people Comfortable. The Core values of On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina are given below.
Why do you want to work at On the Grill Mexican Grill & Cantina?
- Because I love Mexican food and I want to learn more about Mexican culture and cuisine.
- On the Border is a fun and festive place to work, and I would love to be a part of the team.
- I have always been impressed with the quality of the food and service at On the Border, and I would love to help provide that same great experience to customers.
What is your greatest strength?
- Think of a strength that is relevant to the job you are applying for
- Give a specific example to illustrate your point
- Keep your answer brief
- Avoid sounding arrogant
- Make sure your answer is backed up by your actions and attitude during the interview
What is your biggest weakness?
- Don’t try to be someone you’re not. Be honest and genuine in your answer.
- Don’t focus on a weakness that is essential to the job. For example, if you’re applying for a job that requires excellent communication skills, don’t say that your biggest weakness is that you’re shy.
- Try to focus on a weakness that you’re actively working on improving. For example, if you’re not the best at time management, explain what steps you’re taking to improve this.
Why did you leave your last job?
- When interviewers ask this question, they are looking to see if you have any red flags in your employment history. They want to know if you have a history of quitting jobs or being fired, or if there are any other potential problems they should be aware of.
- The best way to answer this question is, to be honest, and upfront about what happened. If you quit your last job because you didn’t like your boss or the company culture, then say so. If you were fired, then be honest about the circumstances and take responsibility for your actions.
What experience do you have?
- Be honest and list all relevant experience
- If you don’t have any relevant experience, list any customer service experience you have
- Highlight any skills that may be relevant to the position, such as bilingualism or experience with the restaurant’s software
- Talk about any relevant coursework or training you have completed
- If you have any relevant certifications or licenses, mention them
- If you have any relevant hobbies or interests, mention them
- Be prepared to answer questions about why you are interested in the position and why you would be a good fit for it
Why should we hire you?
- I have experience in the food and beverage industry.
- I am passionate about food and customer service.
- Mention: I am a quick learner and have a positive attitude.
- I have a strong work ethic and am reliable.
- Explain that: I am a team player and work well under pressure.
- I have a flexible schedule and am available for weekends and holidays.
Where do you See Yourself in the next five years?
- Start by discussing your long-term career goals and how this position at On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina can help you achieve them
- Talk about how you plan on developing and growing within the company, specifically mentioning On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina’s training and development programs
- Mention how you see yourself taking on more responsibility and contributing to the company’s success
- Express interest in learning more about the food and beverage industry and how you can apply your knowledge and skills to On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina’s operations
- Conclude by saying that you hope to have a long and successful career with On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
What hours are you available to work?
- Be honest about the hours you are available to work.
- If you are flexible with your hours, let the interviewer know.
- If you have any restrictions on the hours you can work, be sure to mention them.
- Let the interviewer know if you are available to work overtime, weekends, or holidays.
- Be prepared to discuss your availability for the next few months or even years.
- Keep in mind that the interviewer is trying to determine if you are a good fit for the position and the company.
Why customer service is important to you?
- Customer service is important to me because it is the foundation of any successful business.
- Good customer service creates repeat customers and word-of-mouth advertising.
- It is important to me to create a positive experience for the customer so they will want to come back.
- I believe that happy customers are the key to a successful business.
- Say: I am dedicated to providing the best possible customer service.
- I take pride in my work and in providing excellent customer service.
How would you deal with upset customers?
- Listen to the customer and try to understand the issue
- Apologize for the inconvenience
- Attempt to resolve the issue
- If the issue cannot be resolved, offer compensation such as a discount or a coupon
- Thank the customer for their feedback
Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
- Be sure to give a specific example of a time when you went above and beyond for a customer
- Explain what you did and why you did it
- Highlight how your actions positively impacted the customer and the business
- If possible, share what you learned from the experience
- Keep your answer relatively brief
- Practice your answer ahead of time so you can deliver it confidently
How would you deal with a difficult colleague?
- First, try to understand the colleague’s perspective and what might be motivating their behavior.
- Second, have a conversation with the colleague to see if there’s a way to resolve the issue.
- Third, if the first two steps don’t work, involve a manager or HR.
- Fourth, document the behavior if it continues.
- Fifth, be professional and respectful at all times.
- Sixth, don’t take the behavior personally.
What questions to ask the interviewer?
- What inspired you to start On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina?
- You can ask: What are your favorite menu items?
- What makes On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina stand out from other Mexican restaurants?
- Ask About: What is your company culture like?
- What are your plans for the future of On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina?
- How can I best support your vision for On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina?