The interview process at Comcast can be daunting, but we’re here to help with Interview question preparations. In this blog post, we’ll give you an overview of the types of questions you can expect to be asked, and provide some tips on how to answer them.
Comcast is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world, so it’s no surprise that they receive a lot of job applications.
Whether you’re applying for a customer service representative position or a corporate role, preparing for your Comcast interview will give you a leg up on the competition.
|Headquarter:||Pennsylvania, United States|
|Total Interview Question:||20+|
Average salaries at Comcast:
|Call Center Representative||$2,869|
Comcast Interview Questions and Answers
Tell us about yourself?
- Start by giving a brief overview of your professional background and experience.
- Then, provide a brief summary of your personal interests and hobbies.
- Finally, explain why you are interested in the position and what you hope to accomplish in the role.
What can you tell us about our company?
- Comcast is a leading provider of cable, Internet, and phone services in the United States.
- Comcast is the largest cable company in the country and the largest Internet service, provider.
- The company has over 24 million customers and operates in 40 states.
- Comcast is a publicly-traded company and is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange.
- Comcast was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
What can you tell us about Comcast’s Competitors?
- Comcast’s main competitors are AT&T, Verizon, and Time Warner Cable.
- Comcast has a market share of about 20%, while AT&T and Verizon have a market share of about 25% each.
- Time Warner Cable has a market share of about 15%.
- Comcast’s main competitive advantage is its size and scale.
- Comcast is the largest cable company in the United States and has the most comprehensive and advanced network.
- Comcast also has a strong customer service reputation.
Why do you want to work at Comcast?
- To have the opportunity to work for one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world.
- Tell the interviewee you want to be a part of a company that is constantly innovating and expanding its services.
- To have the chance to work with cutting-edge technology.
- Mention your ability to help customers with their telecommunications needs.
- To work in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
What is your greatest strength?
- My greatest strength is my ability to communicate effectively.
- I have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You can say I am able to communicate with people at all levels.
- I have a strong ability to build relationships.
- Talk about I am a good listener.
- I am able to see both sides of every issue.
What is your biggest weakness?
- Don’t focus on a weakness that is essential for the job
- Try to focus on a weakness that you are actively working to improve
- Don’t make excuses for your weakness
- Don’t try to turn your weakness into a positive
- Make sure your answer is relevant to the job you are interviewing for
Why did you leave your last job?
- There could be a number of reasons why someone might leave their last job.
- Some common reasons include wanting to further their career, wanting to change industries, or moving to a new location.
- Whatever the reason, it’s important, to be honest, and concise when answering this question.
What experience do you have?
- I have experience in customer service and telecommunication.
- I have worked in a call center for a cable company and have experience with phone systems and customer service.
- Mention I am familiar with a variety of telecommunication equipment and software.
- I have also worked in a retail environment, so I am familiar with sales techniques and customer service.
Why should we hire you?
- I would be a great asset to your team because of my strong communication and customer service skills.
- I have a proven track record of being able to handle difficult customer service inquiries and resolve them to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Because I also have a strong background in sales, which I believe would be beneficial in upselling Comcast products and services to customers.
Where do you See Yourself in the Next Five Years?
- In the next five years, I see myself continuing to work hard and learn as much as possible in order to grow within my current company.
- I would also like to continue to develop my skills and knowledge in order to contribute to my team’s success.
- In the next five years, I also hope to be given more opportunities to lead and contribute to projects.
- I see myself continuing to develop strong relationships with my colleagues and superiors.
- I also hope to continue to be an active and involved member of my community.
What do you think are the most important qualities for a successful Comcast Telecommunication employee?
- The ability to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers.
- The ability to work independently and take initiative.
- You can State the ability to stay organized and meet deadlines.
- The ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Mention the ability to sell Comcast products and services.
- The ability to upsell Comcast products and services.
What hours are you available to work?
- The hours that I am available to work are Monday through
- Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
why customer service is important to you?
- Customer service is important to me because it is the face of the company. It is the first and last interaction that a customer has with the company, and it is important to me that we provide a good experience for them.
- Customer service is important to me because it is a way to build relationships with customers. It is an opportunity to build trust and loyalty with them.
- Customer service is important to me because it can be a way to upsell products and services.
How would you deal with upset customers?
- Listen to the customer and try to understand the issue
- Apologize for the inconvenience
- Try to resolve the issue to the best of your ability
- Keep a calm and professional demeanor
- Thank the customer for their patience
Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
- Customer service is always about going above and beyond for the customer.
- In this case, the customer is looking for a specific example of a time when you went above and beyond.
- This could be a time when you went out of your way to help a customer solve a problem or a time when you went above and beyond to make sure a customer was satisfied.
- Whatever the specific example is, make sure to highlight how you went above and beyond for the customer and what the result was.
How would you deal with a difficult colleague?
- First, try to understand the colleague’s perspective and what might be motivating their behavior.
- Second, have a conversation with the colleague to see if there is a way to resolve the issue.
- Third, if the situation cannot be resolved, speak with a supervisor or HR.
- Fourth, document the situation and any conversations that take place.
- Fifth, continue to be professional and respectful.
- Sixth, if the situation persists, consider seeking a transfer
What questions to ask the interviewer?
- What inspired you to pursue a career in telecommunications?
- Ask What do you consider the most important aspects of telecommunications?
- You can ask What do you think are the biggest challenges in telecommunications?
- What do you think sets telecommunications apart from other industries?
- What do you think is the future of telecommunications?